When you are HOT you are HOT. Not to toot my own horn, cure but I did go 4-0 last weekend, ampoule and what a weekend it was. I will get into this weekend’s game shortly but we really need to call out some INSANITY from last weekend’s wildcard games.
- The Bengals vs. Steelers game was one of the most epic and insane finishes to date. These two teams HATE one another and last Saturday just added more fuel to the fire. To break it down here is all the insanity that led the Steelers to kick their game winning field goal.
- Vontaze Burfict, Pacman Jones commit two personal fouls to give Steelers game-winner
- Bengals fans threw garbage at an injured Ben Roethlisberger as he was carted off the field
- Bengals players, fans livid after helmet-to-helmet on Giovani Bernard
- The late penalty that doomed the Bengals was provoked by a Steelers coach illegally on the field
- Steelers coach Mike Munchak penalized for yanking Bengals player’s hair
- The Minnesota vs. Seahawks game was nowhere near what I thought it was going to be and luckily, Minnesota Vikings’ kickerBlair Walsh missed the game winning kick on Sunday from 27 yards out. I am not one to go on fate… but I am pretty sure the man upstairs wanted to see Seahawks vs. Panthers.
Let’s now shift our focus to this upcoming weekend and the four great games on tap.
Saturday (4:35 pm ET) Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots – The Chiefs have won 11 straight and haven’t lost since October 18th. I think their luck runs out. Tom Brady and the Pats are just a tested playoff team and they always show up in the playoffs. If the Pats get back Julian Edelman and Danny Amendola this will boost the offense even more, the Chiefs defense looked solid against the Texans. However, Mr. Potato Head could have done more than Brian Hoyer. Chiefs 14 – Patriots 21
Saturday (8:15 pm ET) Green Bay Packers at Arizona Cardinals – What can you say about the performance the Packers put up vs. the Redskins. Aaron Rodgers and the offense finally looked like their old selves again. They played solid on both sides of the ball and that is the Packers team we all saw in the beginning of the year. However, they haven’t improved enough to knock off the NFC West Champion Cardinals. The Cardinals are just a better team all the way around, and do we need to mention how the Cardinals CRUSHED the Packers last month 38-3?! I think this game won’t be as much of a blowout but the Cardinals offense is just too good. Packers 21- Cardinals 27
Sunday (1:05 pm ET) Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers – “Must See TV” is what Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said of this matchup and I couldn’t agree with him more. This game is going to be this weekend’s cream of the crop. The Panthers are the best team in the league and have been for a while. Cam Newton will need to be his MVP self on Sunday, I think he is up for the task. Seahawks 21 – Panthers 24
Sunday (4:40 pm ET) Pittsburgh Steelers at Denver Broncos – Will they or won’t they?! Ben Roethlisberger has an AC joint sprain and Antonio Brown has a concussion. Let’s face reality folks. There is no way on god’s green earth that the Steelers have a chance to win against Denver if these two don’t suit up. Peyton Manning is rested and healthy; I really think that the Broncos are out for revenge after their week 15 loss. Steelers 21 – Broncos 27
Another great weekend of NFL football on tap!