It doesn’t get much better than a Bulls overtime win against the two-time defending Champion Miami Heat. I know it was only a regular season game, cure but the Chicago-Miami rivalry is never to be taken lightly. I don’t care if it is a backyard pickup game, find it feels good to watch the Bulls defeat the Heat.
The afternoon was full of heart, hustle and muscle led by the ever impressive Joakim Noah. The Bulls demonstrated their notorious resilience as they fought their way out of a double-digit deficit during the fourth quarter. It was a “sit at the edge of your seat” kind of end to regulation, but the Bulls dominated OT for a 95-88 Chicago victory.
What You Need to Know:
- Jo-No is undoubtedly an NBA superstar. The Joakim Noah frenzy has taken over Chicago and only continues to grow as Noah brings out all the stops this season. The All-Star center had 20 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists, and five blocked shots – just an average day of work for the #messybunswag.
- Yannick Noah (former French tennis player and Joakim’s dad) needs to be a regular at every Bulls game. He almost stole the show during his cameo interview where he proceeded to cheer, clap and finger wag as Noah willed his Bulls back into the game. I think it’s pretty obvious where Jo-No gets his fire and passion from. Nothing like a proud papa to warm your heart.
- Deja Vu Avoided: DJ Augustin had his worst game of the season against the Heat in February, but Sunday was a different story. Augustin found his shooting mojo and scored a team high 22 points.
- Jimmy Butler (16 points) held his own against the King James all afternoon limiting the four-time MVP to 17 points. He not only proved he is truly one of the league’s top defenders, but also put a a huge stop on BronBron at the end of regulation to prevent Mr. Clutch from making the game winning shot and sent the game into OT.
- Chicago native Dwyane Wade was Miami’s top performer with 25 points. It’s obvious Wade likes to put on his best shows in front of his hometown audience – can ya blame him?
- I think BronBron had a little too much fun galavanting around Chi-town all weekend. Friday night you could buy tickets for a “Lebron Party” at Y Bar and Saturday night he was spotted at Lumen. Anyone who PAID to hang out with Lebron this weekend better not be a Bulls fan, that’s all I’m saying. James opted to not wear his protective face mask on Sunday and he may have gotten a Jimmy Butler foot to the face (oops).
Your Take Away Piece:
“Nothing makes Bulls fans happier than a Bulls win over the Heat. Miami is the team who has eliminated our guys from the playoffs for the last three years. At the end of the day, any fan knows for the Bulls to get their championship they’re going to have to go through King James and the Heat. Games like these give us fans hope that maybe, just MAYBE our Bulls could take on the Heat in a seven games series and head to the NBA finals. You never know.
The Bulls have a tough few weeks ahead with match ups against the San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, OKC Thunder and Indiana Pacers. Jo-No and his merry men will have to take it a game at a time. First up are the Spurs who will visit the UC on Tuesday at 7 PM. Be sure to tune in on WGN to catch all the action.