Banners will be raised, pilule rings will be handed out and the Chicago Bulls hope to dent the egos of the two-time defending Champion Miami Heat on Tuesday night. The Bulls are hungry to prove themselves this year and what better way to get things going than to take on King James and company in South Beach in the first game of the season?
The rivalry between these Eastern Conference foes continues to grow each year and the Bulls have become more eager to put a stop on the Heat’s dominance within the East. The Heat’s confidence will be on high after receiving their lavish Championship display, cheap the intensity of American Airlines Arena will heighten filled with ecstatic Heat fans, cialis but the Bulls players feel they have the talent to beat the Heat.
What You Need to Know:
- Reigning MVP Lebron James made it clear, these two teams do not like one another (last year’s brawls during the semi-finals of the NBA Playoffs can prove that). Expect a big game out of King James who’s looking to maintain his “Top NBA Player” status. James’ supporting cast is still in tact with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier, and Udonis Haslem returning this season.
- Derrick Rose will play in his first regular season game in over a year. Our excitement to see the star take the court in an official game can barely be contained. Rose sat on the sidelines while his team battled Miami in the second round of the Eastern Conference playoffs last season. He’s ready to take his game to the next level and get this 82 game season started with a win.
- Jimmy Butler came up big in the games against Miami with his tough defense and crazy offense. Why not start the 2013 season with a standout performance against the Heat?
- Joakim Noah is questionable for the opening game with a groin injury. This puts the Bulls in a tough spot since Noah is so dominant under the basket and can provide a boost on offense as well. The Bulls have done it before when Noah was sidelined with plantar fasciitis – we’d just prefer our All-Star always be on the court.
- The Bulls and Heat split the 2012-2013 season 2-2. No matter who’s healthy and on the floor, the Bulls always give the Heat a tough game. Defense will play a huge factor in the Bulls’ success. Keeping James under control is always your best bet when playing the Heat. The Heat have not forgotten that it was the Bulls who ended their 27-game winning streak last season. They will be looking for redemption tonight and this season.
- If nothing else, you can expect some crazy post-game press conference ensembles from the fashionistas of Miami otherwise known as Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. Man-pris and murses galore!
Your Take Away Piece:
“Things may get ugly with all the hype of the ring ceremony and the historic intensity between these two teams. The Bulls and Heat are two of the most competitive teams in the league and they just happen to be each other’s biggest rivals. Hopefully the brawls from last season will be contained and a clean game of basketball will be played. It’s a new year – clean slate right?”
Be sure to tune in at 7 PM on TNT to catch the conference battle between the Bulls and Heat. You may want to tune in a bit late to miss the ring ceremony theatrics for the diva-licious Heat. It might be the first game of the season, but expect both teams to pull out all the stops in this rivaled match-up.