Since my own wedding is eons away and I am nosier than most people would be willing to admit, advice I couldn’t help but take a peak at the gift registries of Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari. The couple is set to exchange vows on July 13th, 2013 giving guests plenty of time to shop for the A-list couple and for people like us to scrutinize their choices, make guesses on what Cavallari will wear, who will attend and much, much more.
What You Need to Know:
- Cavallari and Cutler have registries at William-Sonoma and Crate & Barrel that total around $14,500. Both gift lists are full of goodies for their home, including baking essentials and plenty of cutlery (see what I did there?). Cavallari has told the media that she invited about 160 guests to their big day, so I anticipate all of the couple’s wishes coming true (gift-wise at least).
- The most expensive item on the William-Sonoma registry is a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, in a classy yellow. An absolute must for Kristin if she plans to bake while tending to little Camden Jack. The suggested price of the mixer is $409 but luckily the site has it on sale for $349.95. Someone has yet to check that one off. The highest ticket item on their Crate & Barrel registry belongs to a slow-cooker, perfect for cooking a delicious Sunday football chili.
- A salad dressing shaker, cheese grater, a set of cheesecloths, and a lemon reamer are the only items that have already been bought on the William-Sonoma site, while a drink pitcher, platter and a couple small dishes were checked off at Crate & Barrel.
- Kristin stuck with the original place setting size of twelve when registering. The couple has requested many gifts, including tall blue glasses and napkin rings, in sets of twelve. I can only imagine what a dinner party at the Cutler household would entail.
- Surprisingly, there really aren’t any lavish pieces on either registry. The majority of the items are essentials for the family’s success in the kitchen, which leads us to believe that Kristin is registered someplace else and has managed to keep it a secret, so far. How can you be Kristin Cavallari of “The Hills” and not be registered for china?! When your guest list will most likely include NFL players and NFL brass that are certainly pulling in more than your average wedding attendee, I don’t think discretion would be too much of a consideration when using the register gun.
The big day is still four months away but the planning is clearly underway. Of course, we’ll be waiting and searching for details to leak so we can report on them while we visualize what type of lavish wedding will take place this summer.